Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More from Nairobi


Weekends outside Kampala are treasured. I am always planning them; a wee fishing trip with friends  and some time out with my African Adventurer , (who wants to see what keeps me here in Uganda) are next.
Last weekend I was back in Nairobi.
This is why...in the same day as wandering around a couple of cute shops in Nairobi, I went for a wee walk in a forest, in a suburb of the city. I was also taken to a pretty little dam just outside the city, to row a rubber boat and catch some fish. Shiny malls, boutiques and the countryside...heaven! (I went for a swim in the dam too..but that was not planned!)




After five minutes afloat, I caught my first fish!

Gutted!

A cute picnic spot





Due to the elections I am moving RUT temporarily to Kenya for my next client..the name may have to change! I am looking forward to seeing more of the country and spending more time in Nairobi. I am not the only one that enjoys the fresh air and clean streets of Kenya, the diversity and beauty of the country.. my friend shares her similar feelings in her lovely post.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh. Thanks for the link to 3limes. Very kind. And I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!