Saturday, February 5, 2011

Making the Most of Mornings

We all love lie-ins sometimes. Going back to bed with a cup of tea to read a few more pages of a book.
Getting-up early for morning weekend runs are hard, it is so tempting to roll over, but once you are out on the quiet(ish) roads, it is so worth it.

By 11o'clock this morning I had ran 11km, bought a few cards, gone to the bank, bought three bunches of beautiful flowers (I asked three times what they were and have forgotten!), been food shopping, visited the book exchange and attempted to set-up one of my new gadgets.

I now have a peel-off face mask on and I can't wait for it to dry out; I always pretend I am in some kind of horror film when I am at the mirror (it can be horrific sometimes!)...it is very silly, but fun!

The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day in Uganda. I laughed out loud in the bank, when I heard on the radio a request for people to "remain reasonably calm in the pre-election weeks", strong words! Today though, there are no worries. I am off to play scrabble in the sun and drink pims.

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Scrabble and Pims sound like a great combination. Have fun! You earned it on the run!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!