Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday's run

My text:  "Please tell me your sick."
The reply:"Nope. Rolling out of bed."

No escaping the early-morning long run today. Tim is hardcore, Jillian Michaels has nothing on him! What will I do without my coach in Nairobi!?

We ran past a tank and police, gathered in groups, waiting, being seen. Passed the sleepy market where grasshoppers are on sale again (although they don't seem to be 'in season'!), passed the airstrip where three tank were delivered this week and where a 'party' will be held to celebrate the inauguration of the President on Thursday.

It seemed eerily quiet in the city, we became a little paranoid, but perhaps everyone just partied hard last night. Tim and I were also quiet on the run today. Thirsty, saving energy and lost in thoughts. I realised at one stage I had my mouth closed and was breathing through my nose (I have been trying to do this for years!!)...surely a sign that I am becoming a runner...a slow one...but a runner.

7 comments:

  1. Oh to be a runner again. I was by no means hardcore like your coach Tim (or you by this account!), but I did like my 6.30am runs. Since I became a mother, I've neglected running. How I miss it!

    Stopping by from FTLOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me commend you for getting up and running! I hate exercise, especially running, so kudos to you my friend! So awesome that you get to live is such a cool place! I'm jealous ;)

    Stopping by from FTLOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you! Running is so tough. At least there was a lot to see, though!

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! It's great to have someone to help *motivate* you on those days you'd prefer to stay in :)
    Sounds like you're a runner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some are born runners...I was never one no matter how much I tried! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow running is still running. Keep going! :)Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah -I'm not sure if it is tougher to run, or tougher to get out of bed...!

    TriGirl-thinking about putting an add together for a new running buddy for when I leave. 'Wanted-running buddy for a slow paced runner, who needs motivation and someone who talks and is happy for me to listen'-or something like that! :)

    Lesley - Totally not a born runner...it took me years to work up to a half marathon-so you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!