Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Scottish Wedding

A castle, kilts, ceilidh dancing, tablet, whiskey, rain and thunder; all makes for a fantastic Scottish wedding.



Joanna and Jerome got married yesterday at Dundas Castle. It was perfect. I only wish I had taken more photographs- but I was a wee bit busy being a bridesmaid. My roles included; making sure the bride always had a glass of champagne in her hand, dancing with the bestman during the first dance and diving for the bouquet. Hectic...but I managed!!



It was the first time I have slept in a castle. I felt quite at home!

9 comments:

  1. You can't get better than a Scottish wedding with some decent Scottish dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresses and bouquet look lovely, I hope you share more photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! I just found you on FTLOB and was psyched to see more pictures. My grandfather grew up in Glasgow but I've not yet managed to make it out of North America. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @VV- 'oh no'? you mean about the weather. Yep-worst rain in a decade...and for scotland, that is saying something. I have some photos of scotland-but not many...have a wee wonder around the site. Thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dresses!! Sorry to hear about the rain...leave it to Scotland.

    Stopping by from Comment Love Day. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Happy Homemaker UK. I must get some friends who plan to marry in a Castle. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds unforgettable! How fun to sleep in a castle - I have to add that to my list of 'must dos' :) Thank you for joining Post Of The Month Cub! XOLaura

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely. Your images and quick description have me wanting to go...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw - no pic of you in the frock?
    I do love a ceilidh.
    My own Scottish wedding was by far the best day of my life but I do always enjoy any wedding - such happy times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!