Saturday, September 17, 2011

Notes from Nairobi-The street where I live

This is my first weekend in Nairobi that is mine. There are no ‘w’ things planned or meet the teachers socials. I had drinks and dinner with some new friends last night, but today I just wanted some me time.  I hoped that I would be exploring my area with my new car (at 7am in the morning....the only time of day you can get very far in this city!) or would be unpacking one of my MANY boxes...but I won’t be ‘surfing’ until next week and my boxes are (deep breath...) still in Uganda. TIA.

This morning I had a wee walk around my area. Even though my little cottage is dark and requires candles or lights at all times of the day, and the Internet coverage is pretty much nonexistent, I think I am pretty lucky.




6 comments:

  1. Hope you are settling into your new life well. You are missed here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sl-yes, just takes time. Looks like you been having busy first term...ace! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is your street? really? take me on stroll with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And already a car owner too for what I can read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The car is coming...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from comment love day - what an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!