Friday, October 7, 2011

Notes from Nairobi

This might be hard to believe-but this week I feel my life has been too boring to blog about.

The 'w' thing is the 'w' thing no matter where you are. OK, there are differences here and there- but you get used to them so quickly that it becomes your norm: I made clay cartouches in the dark the other day-we had just cut and rolled the clay and the thought of packing it up was too much to bare, just because of a power-cut...so the class didn't blink and eye and I am very impressed with their in-the-dark-clay skills!!

The drive to and from work is now part of my routine- it is a bit of a drive, I have to admit, but I enjoy listening to the radio whilst dodging (!) those that are walking or cycling to and from their 'w' thing on the valleys.

I've hardly gone out this week-I had too many mojitos celebrating a friend's birthday (I forgot it was his birthday and not mine!) at the start of the week-that I have laid low for a couple of days.

And well that's it really- I'm sure my duties strolling around the field in the warm sun will also becoming boring after a while...but not yet! Do you hate me?

Well don't-due to our little inspection, I will probably be doing the 'w' thing all weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower from the Weekend Wander blog hop. Hop over and say HI if you get a chance.
    Jennifer from Just Wedeminute

    Wow, what a cool blog! Our church just started an orphanage in Uganda and my children are very interested in Africa so this will be cool to show them pictures and read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!