Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snapshots from Seville


 


 
 

 
 



 

 



 


 

I loved Seville.
I did everything that I wanted to do; ate churros, watched (and was completely floored by) flemenco pura, wandered in and out of one-off shops, stopped for beer o'clock, stopped for wine o'clock, did some touristy things, drank cava, had tapas with the locals and completed the marathon.
 
Kirsten and I did lots of wondering around in the old cobbled streets in the neighbourhood of the apartment we rented...(sometimes we actually knew where we were!) but lots of sitting too. My weary, marathon tired knees, could not quite manage taking me up the La Giralda...this just gives me a reason to go back.
 
Being in Seville (like some other European cities) makes you want to make-out like a teenager on the streets. It is where life is embraced and moments are lived. Life seems so much more than working for that dinar (or that dollar).
I was tempted to jack in my job and stay a while longer...I got on that plane though...
 
I'm still tempted...
 
Anyhow...this weekend I am off to the airport again and heading to Bahrain. A 10km race is the excuse, but the real reason is to celebrate my friend Sven's birthday with margaritas and Mexican food.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It makes me want to plan a trip...and eat some jamon! I am glad you had a good time. I totally need to take a page out of your book and plan a trip around a race somewhere. I am getting the itch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes-although destination races have issues- like not knowing the area, forgetting things (this time I left my trusty running belt)-it makes the run much more exciting and celebrating it is much more fun!Book one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I've been dreaming of visiting Seville for so long! Your photos make me want to beam myself to the sunny, cheerful streets of Seville. Thanks for sharing :)

    P.S. Congrats on running a marathon!! Amaaazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!