Saturday, March 30, 2013

Three Beautiful Things

Life in the sandpit can get very same-same...so it is important to look for the pretty.
  • "Do you recognise me? I'm Nasser's mum." A sweet conversation with a parent of a boy I taught 7 years ago.  He is now at university. She shows me photos on her phone and we swap numbers. I walk away feeling proud...and slightly old!
  • Muffins dropped off  by one friend and soup from another. Living in in staff accommodation has its benefits!
  • Hearing from my friend in Cape Town.He successfully completed the Two Oceans ultra marathon. He has kept the fact that he was running it quiet; he has an injury and was unsure if he would manage the 56km. He completed the mountainous run in 5 hours and 12 minutes. I'm sure he will write about his experience on his blog soon. http://booj.blogspot.com 
I had to narrow them down today...that in itself is a very very happy thing!

I am teaching tomorrow, Easter Sunday...so I have to admit it is kind of bypassing me...but..Happy Easter! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!