Monday, November 4, 2013

Currently- November 2013

Reading-
A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks. It is too early to pass comment on this read, (the reviews aren't great) but his past novels are some of my all time favourites. I recently read 1913 by Florian Illlies, which I picked up in Munich and was the most enjoyable and interesting book I've read in a while. It is particularly focused on European history for that year, so if you are intestine in that I would highly recommend it.

Watching-
AFRICA. The BBC series narrated by David Attenborough. It is fabulous!

Training for-
Chaing Mai marathon in December. Today I ran my longest run ( since my two marathons at the start if the year), 24km. 42km still seems a looong way off! I'm a bit worried that I am not training seriously enough...and a friend warned me about doing more long runs alone ( as I'll be doing the marathon alone) so, although it won't be fun...or easy, this is what I'm going to have to do!

Enjoying-
The cooler weather. We had a week of autumn; fluffy clouds and pink skies at night. I love this time of year, mainly because it means no more super early get-ups for runs!

Listening to-
The same 20 songs on my shuffle over, and over, and over again. I need to sort out my i-tunes and get some new running tunes.

(When I'm not running...) I love Bastille. They even make Miley Cyrus cool!

Celebrating-
My birthday...in about 20 minutes or so I'll be 31. Remember remember the 5th of November....
It's Islamic New Year so school is closed. A pretty decent birthday gift in itself!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't even heard of Sebastian Faulks. I'm always up for new reads so I'll have to check out his writings. Thanks for the heads up!

    Also, the fact that you referenced V for Vendetta is awesome. Every November 5th I say that full phrase to someone because the book and film inspired me so much that I wish to never forget to stand for what is important, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've never seen V for Vendetta- assuming it is based if Guy Fawkes. In the uk we learn the poem to remember the 1605 treason plot.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!